Monday, February 11, 2013

Once Every Moon

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

      Lately I've been reading and exploring a lot of different "professional" blogs. There seems to be an overall element and consistency I have noticed on these blogs that is lacking on mine. On most of them, there is a once of week or once a month STAPLE post. I think I might try that for myself. I'm thinking that once a month I will write a "Stuff of the Month" post. Maybe it will be at the beginning of the month. Maybe in the middle. Maybe just on a random rainy day like today. But I'm goint to try it out and see what happens. I know the things that interest me might not interest my readers but these are hard times for writers, internet or not, and a test run can't hurt, right?

February
  • Color. It would be typical and even plain normal for me to pick red/pink/purple for this month. I mean, it is the month of being single in love and those colors are the aura of the emotion. And I guess I sort of am choosing those colors, but in a more chic palette. The last few weeks I've been drooling over the color maroon/burgundy/wine. Shirts, purses, scarfs, jewelry, you name it and if its in those shades, I'll wear it. Sounds shallow, but wearing or even looking at a color that is pleasing to your visual senses can make a huge difference in attitude. If your having a hard time visualizing, here's a sample for ya. Aren't my choices just so much richer than the classic red or pink?
  • Book. I hope my book of the month isn't embarrassing. I wish it was something more suited towards the holiday, the gloomy weather, something. But the book I'm currently reading is Swamplania! Yes, the exclamation mark is included in the title...and no, it is not a children's picture book. In fact, it was one of the three finalist books for the 2012 Pulitzer Prize (which in case you didn't hear, was never awarded because none of the three finalists were "exceptional" enough). I wish I could say my February book was something more along the lines of Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights. Instead, I've got alligators and Florida swamps and a motherless/struggling family and a young girl who's last name is Bigtree and works to save them all. It's pretty interesting, I must admit.
  • Song. The musical obsession is not a hard one to choose-"Daylight" by Maroon 5 is my prime song of the day and last few weeks. And basically every time I hear it on the radio I scream get really excited, turn the volume to a deafening level and dance.  Yup.  If you see someone looking like an idiot in the car next to you, it is most likely me. It is similar to their old stuff and it's super catchy. 
I'm trying to think of another category....Quote of the month? Movie? Food? I feel that all of that sounds stupid. Really extraordinarily stupid... maybe I'll switch it up each month. Like a surprise present, because we all know that reading my blog is equivalent to openning up a surprise gift...
  • Quote. "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, courage is the quiet voice at the end of the say saying 'I will try again tomorrow'"- Mary Anne Radmacher.
Well, I guess that's it for the time being. That's the stuff of the month in my small life. But sometimes it is the random stuff that matters, at least it matters to me.

                                                                           Sincerely,
                                                                                   Me

No comments:

Post a Comment