Friday, March 22, 2013

Marchin On

Dear Whoever You Might Be,
March
  • Color- I've got to admit that I've been sucked into the Spring 2013 fashion fads. Mint is the color of the season and mint is definitely the color of the month. I thought about emerald green, which would have been sentimental as the new Wizard of Oz movie came out this month AND we celebrated St. Patrick's Day not too long ago. But when I think about the green's I've been rocking around the campus trees, mint takes the reins. It may seem a bit much but I highly approve of these samples. What about you? Do you think mint green is just for mixing with chocolate chips in the freezer section of the grocery?
  • Book- I am hooked. BIG time. Warning, though. What I am about to admit may be a bit scandy for some of your eyes which have been accustomed to my highly intellectual analysis of great literature. But sometimes, even the best fall down. Over the last seven days I have started and finished Stephenie Meyer's The Host. Yes, the author of Twilight.  Yes, the soon to be movie. Yes, it was freaking awesome. I loved it. All six-hundred-some pages. I read it into the wee hours of the night. I put off school work and basically normal human activity so I could sit and read it. The story line was consuming. If it weren't for the upcoming movie, I'm not sure I would have read it. But thank the Lord that it's coming to theaters because I so thoroughly enjoyed the book. A tad too much, maybe. But for all you skeptics (thanks to Twilight), believe me when I say this book was one thousand times better and worth the workout on your eyes.
  • Song- The obsession with "Daylight" still lingers, but with the new OneRepublic song "If I Lose Myself," comes a new obsession. I have always been a OneRepublic fan. Since their early days, I've put their CDs on repeat. I have my favorite's and this new song of theirs is totes one of them. At first I thought it was a sellout. There was the techno-y interludes between verses and I was like "Psh. They are just trying to fit in." But as I listened to it more, I realized that they DO fit in while sticking to their signature stuff. I almost get as excited when this song comes on as I do with "Daylight." Almost.
Specialty of the Month: Clothes- Sounds a bit ridic, but roll with the punches. For my springtime wardrobe, I purchased a pare of nude colored flats from Aldo. They are leather and have a slight pointed toe. I pretty much wear them every single day. Sure, they were a bit of a financial OUCH, but I think I am for sure getting the use out of the money I dropped on these puppies. They go with everything, and I mean everything. Jeans, skirts, shorts, dresses, cropped pants. If you happen to be looking for a perfect pair of Spring foot covers, I vote nude flats. You won't regret it.


                                                                        Sincerely,
                                                                                 Me
P.S. Fun fact of the day? The title of my blog was inspired by a song. What song you may ask? "Marchin On" by the one and only OneRepublic. Mmhmm. See how I snuck that one in there?







1 comment:

  1. Good sneak ... love catching up with you -- you're so stinkin' *clevah*! Come to Alabama for a visit and see what the Heart of Dixie has to offer a literary gal like yourself (hey, it worked -- sorta-- for Faulkner!)! Joc has a big house come the end of May -- room for *everyone*!! :)

    ReplyDelete