Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Crazies

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

      It has almost been two months since my last post. TWO months. Usually when I go a long time without writing I apologize to you all, my readers. But this time, I'm not going to say anything other than this: Life is crazy and this summer was crazy and so far, this semester at school is crazy. Blogging has been my last priority, and so, I just didn't do it. Now to move on.

      I have been in school for over a month now. One month done, less than three to go. In less than three months I am going to be done my college career. Forever. Let's think about this for a minute because it's the only thing I've been thinking about. I literally cannot comprehend the thought of graduating college so soon. Yes, it was my choice to graduate early, but the thought is still foreign to me. Most days, I still feel like a twelve year old. Not a twelve year old stuck in a twenty-one year olds body. Nono. Just twelve. And twelve year olds have no business graduating college. None.At.All.

      The hard thing is (among a zillion other things), everyone keeps asking what I am going to when I finish. Where are you going to go? What are you going to do? Are you going to work? Grad school? Travel? My answer these days has been a mere "uhhh...HAHA....uhhhh...I'll let you know when I know?"  I wish I knew. I really, really, really, really wish I knew. But I don't. And I am having a hard time accepting the reality of the situation at hand.

      I'll be honest, I do have ONE plan in mind. I am so freaking excited to read whatever the heck I want to. As I've mentioned multiple times before, I am working on my senior thesis this semester. I've been working on it all summer and will be for the next three months. Don't get me wrong, I love my topic and all, but I am SO SICK of reading scholarly articles and journals and annotating every stinking thing I read. I am an English major because I like to READ. READDDD. Not annotate. Not analyze. I like the stories, not the metaphors. I don't want to read between the lines, I want to enjoy the lines I'm reading.

      So reader, you want to know what I'm going to do when I graduate? I am going to read all the books on my shelves that I have not had time to read as an English major. I am going to re-read all of my favorite books. And you know what? I am going to enjoy every second of it. I cannot wait. It is going to be so great reading for fun again and not having to worry about being quizzed or picking out quotes from it to write a 15 page paper. It is going to be a dream come true.

                                                       Sincerely,
                                                               Me





No comments:

Post a Comment