Friday, July 26, 2013

JueLie

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

July
  • Color- Believe it or not, there IS such a thing as "summer gray". Normally, when people think of the color gray, they think "Winter," "Cold," "Sad," "Fog and/or Rain," etc. etc. So in the summer time, the color gray does become sad....because no one bothers to pay it any mind. But this summer, I have found myself wearing Summer Gray at least once a week. I have the perfect little Anthropologie light gray V-neck t-shirt and it is a staple in my closet. The gray is so light it is almost white and it goes perfectly with basically everything, including white. Now, when I think of gray, I do not think of cold sadness; I think of all the warm sunny days where I could walk around and change the color of winter.
  • Book- I have come to realize how hard it is to pick a Book of the Month. When I have the time for "fun reading," the picking isn't so bad because I usually just talk about what I am enjoying that month. But this month, I don't really have a book because I've been spending all my reading time doing research. And packing. My family is moving in just a few weeks and that means the worst thing possible- my books have to go into boxes to be put in storage for a few weeks. I know. Tragic. But I have to admit, pulling them off the shelves and reinvestigating them has been pretty enjoyable. It's not that I *forgot* I own certain books but sometimes it is easy to forget how precious they were to you upon first read. So rather than me telling you all what book I think is good this month, I will tell you to go to your own shelves and rediscover the old goodies collecting dust from your youth. Give Little House on the Prairie a good stroll down memory lane, or better yet, bask in the White Way of Light with Anne of Green Gables just one more time.
  • Song- One song that I have really liked since around November is "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding. It always puts me in a good mood and I love turning the volume up up and away whenever it comes on my Pandora or Spotify stations. Here it is for your enjoyment: Anything Could Happen
 
So in case nobody noticed, I changed the layout and design of my blog. It is much simpler and plain, but I think it is a little bit of fresh air. It doesn't feel so dark to me and although I am personally still getting used to it, I hope you all like it! If not, a reversal is totally do-able and even though I say all the time that I blog for me, I secretly like to blog for my readers too =)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Meg, I really like the new look for you blog. It is easier to read and certainly much easier to post a comment on. I never did get the hang of commenting on the older pages of your blog. Love Ya! Grandma

    ReplyDelete