Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fresh

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

      It is hot. I cannot think of a clever or sassy way to put it otherwise since my brain is melting faster than the icecaps. As the temperatures continue to rise (who knew that was even possible at this point???), I have spent an abundance of time inside. But I do have to suck it up and brace the heat a few times throughout the day to walk the dog, get the mail, walk to my car, etc. On each of these unfortunate occasions I always feel immediately miserable. Not in the "my life is horrible and no one likes me" way, but in the "Ew, I feel disgusting and need to go inside and shower for the fifth time today" way. I'm not a big fan of smelling like "outside" nor am I a fan of sweating. Really though, is anyone?

      As these refreshing thoughts are the only ones I can muster up right now, I couldn't help but apply freshening up to other aspects of my life. My family is moving very soon to a completely different state. Whaaat?!? Yea. It's happening. With the whole moving process comes the whole packing process which inevitably leads to the throwing out process. We have done so much de-cluttering and compromising and evaluating of what we own, what we want to keep, what we want to donate and much more. And as much as I love everything and hate to throw things out, the whole ordeal is actually a bit invigorating. I find that I have a little more closet space (Yay!) and a little more drawer space.

      So there's that. Now what? What other refreshing can I bring to life? "Hmmm," I thought. "Maybe I can refresh my blog a bit..." So that is what I am presently contemplating. Being on the Blogosphere means staying attune to other blogs in the world and my, oh my, are there a lot. Of course I don't want to go all commando on my readers and strip away everything but the words, but I think it is time for a slightly more refreshing look.

      I am finding that the background image, though fitting for my overall intended tone,  becomes more and more obnoxious and distracting. Yet, I don't really have any pictures in my blog posts; so if I take away the large picture, there might be nothing left but too many words upon words. And no one wants to look at that. Regardless of what I end up changing, I think the time has arrived for SOME change of scenery. What do you think?

      As I ponder this impending change, my dear readers, please try and stay cool and fresh in this suffocating heat. Drink lots of water, find some shade, and apply Dove's GO FRESH deodorant as needed =)

                                                                       Sincerely,
                                                                              Me

1 comment:

  1. Meg, I love the picture of the girl with the umbrella waiting for a train. It is priceless, speaks volumes and reminds me so of you waiting last Thursday to get on the road to leave Maryland for New Jersey in the rain, no less! Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete