Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Octobre

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

October
  • Color- As per the usual month/color combination, this month the color is orange. Now, I know what you are thinking; Duh she picked orange because October is the month of Halloween. Duh she picked it because the leaves are starting to turn orange. Duh. Duh. Duh. Well all those things are true, I admit. But see, I have this jacket...The color is a burnt yellowish/orangish/pumpkin spicish. When you think of fall, you think of a color, right? Well this jacket is the epitome of that color. Yesterday I wore it with a white oxford and blue skinnies and I just felt SO fetch fall. People even told me that I looked like fall. This color makes me feel like I'm bathing in pumpkin pie and floating among the trees. Weird imagery, but ya'll get the point.
  • Book- To keep myself from yet *another* rant about how I have no time to read any of the things I want to, I'll switch it up. Last October I wrote THIS POST about all the wonderful Octoberish things -including books. While I still think those books are all prime for October reading, I would also like to recommend Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. I recently recommended this book to a dear friend of mine for fall reading. It contains romance, mystery, and most importantly, the pivotal gothic elements required for the best fire-side reading. So if you are looking for something good, consider picking it up. Warning: The paperback edition of this book DOES look like a romance novel. Please do not be deterred by its appearance.
  • Song- One of the most soulful women in the world must be Billie Holiday. She sings, you/me/everyone feels something. Her version of I'll Be Seeing You is one that gets me every time. Listen to it. Need I say more?
I don't really have a specialty of the month, but I hope you all are having special Octobers.
 
                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                                Me

No comments:

Post a Comment