Thursday, November 14, 2013

Aspiring To...

Dear Whoever You Might Be,

      I have exactly one month until I will be graduated from college and until I will be home. What?!?! Crazy, right? My last exam in on December 13th, which means that on December 14th, I will be at home, in bed, and probably taking a nap right about now. With time whizzing by, I've really had to think about what I will be doing with my time come mid-December. I've got a few plans up my sleeves -you all will probably be the last to know what they are -but I can tell you some plans.

      As I mentioned in this post, I am really excited to read all the books that have been piling up over the last few months. I started to make a list of particular books which I will want to read first out of the many. Here are some of the *must reads* on my daily-growing list:
  • Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  • Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky (and basically everything Dostoevsky)
  • Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
  • Bobcat - Rebecca Lee
  • The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
  • Doctor Zhivago - Boris Pasternak
      Quite a list, I know, but I have very legitimate reasons for each and every one. Like I said, the list is forever changing and growing and I am very open to suggestions. Please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment. In case ya'll haven't picked up on it  yet, I am a bit of a reading freak and I could spend all day every day doing that -the one thing I know for sure I love and am good at.
                                                                  
                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                                  Me

1 comment:

  1. With the exception of Lolita, I've checked them all off my list (of course, I'm not taking into consideration *all* of the works by Dostoevsky!). My favorites off that particular list were The Catcher in the Rye, Grapes of Wrath, and Doctor Zhivago. I'm not sure what has already been crossed off your reading list to date, but I can share a few books/authors whom I've enjoyed considerably through the years. I don't think there was a thing that Charles Dickens wrote that I didn't enjoy and the same goes for most of Hemingway's works. Joseph Conrad is probably best known for Nostromo, but I also thought his Heart of Darkness and Lord Jim were very good. Dostoevsky's The Idiot and The Brothers Karamazov were top notch. What about Faulkner? Do you like his style? I love that you're not just a reader ... but a *real* reader! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete