Sunday, March 15, 2015

Falling Through

Dear Whoever You Might Be,


      You know how people find themselves in certain times of "obsession" over something? It  usually occurs closest to New Years -people dedicate themselves to something new and exciting. Diets! Workouts! Hobbies! Etc.! For little kids, these kinds of obsessions can occur multiple times a year. Legos! Art! Barbies! It's like spending a certain amount of time completely dedicated to something, completely consumed by it both mentally and financially. I know I went through way too many of these phases. A few years of hardcore Pokémon card collecting. A few years of wanting to be a geologist and collecting gems from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. A few years of me wanting to be an "artist" and collecting paint brushes more than actually painting. This happens as an adult too, even if it may not be an obsession over something potentially "life changing." People -and I include myself in this category- binge watch Netflix. Go through stages of gardening. Of exercising. Of baking.  Of making the bed every morning. Of going to bed before midnight.
      The list goes on and on.
      There is a reason, though, that these things are considered "phases" -it's because they don't last. And in the intermediate periods, a lull tends to set in. A lazy, sleepy, often apathetic mood settles over the ambition and motivation that drove you toward something for however long. This happens to me in regards to blogging.
      I go through periods of dedication. Of creative ideas that need nothing more than to be typed out and published onto the world of high-speed internet. To share my ideas of books, art, shopping, etc., regardless of who may or may not actually read and/or care. But then sometimes I get lazy. I start to think "Oh, I'll just blog tomorrow." Then the next day comes and I think "Oh well...tomorrow." This happens over and over again until "tomorrow" turns into almost three months later.... Oops.
      I could apologize, like I usually do, for falling through with my blogging. But I don't think I will this time, because I'm sure that if you look at your calendars and see that it is already March 15, you will not blame me for the time that has passed since my last post. I mean fricks and fracks people! It is already MARCH 15!!! The Ides of March has arrived, and I cannot believe it.
      I'll try to write more... I mean, I do have tons of things that I want to write about. But I will not guarantee swiftness, nor completeness, nor even goodness. All I can guarantee is that this phase, like many, will come and go as it please. And I must do what I can with the time that I have.
 
                                                                    Sincerely,
                                                                             Me

No comments:

Post a Comment